DIPLAT Sum up after 3 years of research.
Ultrafast meets ultrahard Pulsed laser ablation technologies for ultrahard tooling DIPLAT: Enabling Advanced Functionalities of Diamond and Other Ultra-hard Materials by Integrated Pulsed Laser Ablation Technologies
- Research project financed by the EU,
- 8 partners from 6 countries including 2 university ETHZ Zurich switzerland, UNOTT Nottingham UK
- 42 months: Jan. 13 – Jul. 16
- Goal: Develop laser processes and technology for ultra-hard materials in tooling applications with a target of :
- Faster processing
- Less subsurface damaging of PCD
- Innovative and complex tool geometries possible
- Structured around three main application domains
- abrasive surfaces for materialographic analyses
- grinding and dressing tools for the gear grinding industry
- milling and drilling tools for challenging application
presentation made by Jean-Francois Bucourt, Diamoutils SAS and Josquin Pfaff, ETH Zurich.